This notice has been written to explain how the Deputy Prime Minister’s website uses social media platforms.
Because the servers of social media platforms are managed by a third party, our social media accounts are subject to downtime that may be out of our control. As such, we accept no responsibility for third-party platforms.
Our social media accounts may post or display links or ads for websites that are not under our control. These links are provided solely for the convenience of users. The Government of Canada is not responsible for the information found through these links or ads, nor does it endorse the sites or their content, unless otherwise specified.
Images and videos available through the Deputy Prime Minister’s Twitter and YouTube accounts are subject to a Canadian Crown Copyright with all rights reserved, unless otherwise specified. We use Creative Commons Licenses to enable the sharing and use of images and videos in accordance with the terms set out in the specified Creative Commons license.
Our social media accounts are not hosted by the Deputy Prime Minister’s website and represent only our presence on third-party service providers.
For more information, please refer to our Privacy Notice regarding third-party social media.
Our social media accounts are not hosted by the Deputy Prime Minister’s website and represent only our presence on third-party service providers. Many social media platforms have multiple language options and provide instructions on how to set your preferences. The Government of Canada respects the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Official Languages Act and is committed to ensuring that our information is available in both French and English and that both versions are equal quality.
We may share links that direct users to sites of organizations or other entities that are not subject to the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms or Official Languages Act and available only in the language(s) in which they are written.
If our social media accounts "follow," "favourite" or "subscribe" to another social media account, channel, page or site, it does not imply that we endorse it. Similarly, if we share, re-tweet, repost or link to content from another user, it does not imply that we endorse that user.
Social media platforms are third-party service providers. They do not have to meet Government of Canada standards for Web accessibility. If you have problems accessing content on the Deputy Prime Minister of Canada’s social media accounts, please contact us. We will do our best to solve the problem and, if we cannot, will provide you with the information in a different format.
We welcome your comments on our social media content. We expect conversations to be respectful. You are responsible for everything that you submit, and all posted comments are in the public domain. Please keep your submissions relevant.
We may edit or remove any comments that:
- do not respect the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms;
- are racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting, or life-threatening;
- make serious, unproven, unsupported, or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations;
- are abusive, aggressive, coarse, explicit, vulgar, violent, obscene, or pornographic;
- make personal attacks and/or are defamatory;
- encourage illegal activity;
- are solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency;
- are announcements from labour or political organizations;
- are not sent by the author;
- aim to cause nuisance to the page administrator or other users (e.g. spam); and/or
- are not relevant to the discussion or are unintelligible.
Users who do not respect the comment guidelines outlined above may be blocked without warning.
A few other important notes:
- We review comments daily but don’t generally reply to them; we engage in conversations only when appropriate.
- We generally moderate and reply Monday through Friday during regular business hours (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time).
- We cannot engage in issues of party politics nor answer questions that break the rules of our important notices.
- The views of participants commenting on these pages do not represent the views of the Deputy Prime Minister.
- You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided. To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include personal information (e.g. phone numbers or email addresses) in the body of your comment.
If you have any questions about this commenting policy or how we apply it, please contact us.